This delicious sauce takes mere minutes to make. It goes great with Smoked Pork Baby Back Ribs as well as other meat and poultry dishes.
You will need:
- 1 can tomato paste plus 2 cans of water or tomato puree of the same volume
- 2-3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1-1.5 Tbsp white wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3-4 Tbsp brown sugar, depending on how sweet or tart your tomato paste is
- 1-2 tsp chipotle pepper, more or less to your liking
- ¾ tsp hickory powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Put all the ingredient into a pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for about 7-10 minutes, lid on, stirring occasionally. Make sure the lid is on at all times since the sauce tends to spit and may cause a serious burn.
If you cannot find hickory powder, take liquid smoke, or smoked pepper or salt instead.